See forms and checkout below.
Students from any Bay Area School grades 6-12 are welcome to join the Pacific Rowing Club Youth Rowing Program. No experience necessary.
Our competitive 8th-12th grade program runs 12 months each year with practice occurring 6 days a week for the varsity squads and 5 days a week for novices, with scheduled summer breaks and select holidays from the competitive season.
The fall season includes concentrated training, head races, community service and our annual Row-A-Thon fundraiser. The Spring Season is comprised of league racing and the SWJRA Championships. There are select regattas out of state throughout the season for varsity crews to be named later.
Boat selection is based upon fitness level, strength to size ratio, technical ability, coach-ability, competitiveness, teamwork, leadership, attendance, positive attitude, sportsmanship and general athletic potential.
Our program strives to:
- Provide excellent coaching and rigorous training in the fundamentals of rowing.
- Teach persistence, determination, responsibility and commitment.
- Help all team members fulfill their potential and develop the character to thrive in difficult training and competition.
- Develop a sense of teamwork and shared purpose – the understanding that on a s successful crew, everyone works for a common goal.
- Help rowers focus on exercise and good nutrition as the build a foundation for a lifetime of fitness, self-esteem and good health.
To sign your rower up for a Pacific Rowing Club event you must create an account using the interface below. You will be asked to create a user account ("Account Holder") for yourself and then set up "participants" or your rower(s).
If you are a first time novice parent or rower, please connect with your corresponding coach after filling out forms. The first day of practice is August 21st, 2017.
Many of the following forms are covered in the registration process. In the event you missed one or you just need to access a form without scrolling through the registration process feel free to download them here.
PRC Handbook for Rowers, Parents and Coaches
The PRC Rower and Parent Handbook is for both new and continuing members and includes an overview of the rowing club's mission, its programs, policies and procedures. Download Handbook
Financial Aid Application
Need-based financial assistance may be available for qualified applicants. To apply the rower must first be a registered member of the Pacific Rowing Club and complete and submit the Financial Aid application form. Due to limited funds, Financial Aid is limited to Junior Rowers enrolled in all three regular season sessions (Fall, Winter and Spring). Download Financial Aid Form
Emergency and Medical Release
Complete and return to the Boathouse. Download Release Form
US Rowing Registration
PRC's Club code is PPWKE. Complete Registration Form
US Rowing Waiver
PRC's Club code is PPWKE. Complete Waiver
- Select the appropriate program. "Junior Program-Regular Season" relates to Fall/Spring Varsity and Novice teams.
- Select the season(s) and the number of rowers that will be attending, and "Add to Cart". The full year includes Fall, Winter and Spring registrations.
- Select "Check Out" on the right side in the shopping cart box.
- Under "New User" input the requested information for the parent and/or guardian, and then select "Next".
- Select "New Participant" to set up your rower(s) and provide the requested information. Please remember to input YOUR email address in all windows where an Email address is required. Do not use your rower's email address in this section.
- Select "Proceed to Checkout" and fill in the requested information for the Account Holder and rower(s).
- Select "Next" when all rower information has been provided
- In the section “Emergency & Medical release Form” hover over the box and you can click on “here” to open the form. Please print, complete and return the form to the boathouse.
- In the section “USRowing Registration” hover over the box and click “here’ to enter the USRowing site to complete the registration there and the USRowing waiver. Please select the “Basic” although free requires a $5.95 handling charge.
- Select a "Payment Method" and provide payment information. Once you have registered you will have your choice of payment options -- online via credit card, PayPal, or by way of check mailed to The Pacific Rowing Club, P.O. Box 320643, San Francisco CA 94132
- Select "Submit" and you are done.